Saturday, October 22, 2011

So the Euro Chocolate Festival takes place in Perugia, about 20 minutes away from our villa, so we all took the train to go stuff our faces with delicious European chocolate. What we were not prepared for was the icy wind and freezing temperatures! I might be exaggerating a little bit, but it was pretty darn cold. Even the experience of eating a nutella filled panini couldn't warm me up. We had to go find a cheap hoodie, and after that were able to enjoy things much much more! It was the first day of the festival, so it was extremely crowded. People get a little pushy and cranky when it comes to getting their chocolate! I bought my Mom some milk chocolate from a Perugian company's booth, and my roommates and I may had ended up eating it...sorry Mom! All in all, I'd say the festival was exhausting, but a success. It was also Mark and Rhett's last day with us, so Ellen, Ben, and Jase put on a recital, and we all spent time together, playing "the Vegetable Game" and having a few Swedish beers, courtesy of Johan's awesome parents! If you have ever wanted to make your teachers laugh, I would highly recommend teaching them "the Vegetable Game." It was a very fun night, and the perfect way to send our teachers off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment