Sunday, October 16, 2011

All You Need is Love



Something I have realized while in Italy is how much of a difference it makes and how much one's outlook is affected by the people he or she is surrounded by. Looking at photos, or remembering events that have happened, places we have been to, and new things we have tried, I realize that I would not have enjoyed everything and have been having such a wonderful time as I have been. The art, architecture, scenery, culture and food has been incredible, but experiencing it with different people or alone wouldn't have been nearly as wonderful. While this trip is worth all of the hard work and effort it has taken, there are certainly times when we all get frustrated, or tired, it's really the people that help me (or whoever it is) to get through it.  Visiting the Vatican would not have been nearly the same had I not been with three other people who were all as excited to spell out "POPE" with our bodies as I was. Seeing the statues at the Capitoli Mueso would not have been quite the same without people who put up with me yelling "Narrrrnia!" when I saw the sculptures of fauns and centaurs. Not that all I have been doing is acting like a thirteen year old while I have been here, but the people who are here are just flat out wonderful, and have inspired me to grow and helped me to overcome many of the difficulties on this trip. I hope I have been able to do the same for them, and I am very much looking forward to the remainder of our time in Italy together. 

"It is not what you do, it is who you do it with."

No comments:

Post a Comment